Where Foodies Shop and What to Buy in Buffalo
Best Asian Market
1010 Niagara Falls Blvd., Tonawanda
- Visit this store for a variety of Asian groceries with a focus on Korean products.
- Choose from an impressive choice of rice (white rice, brown rice, sweet rice, sweet brown rice, sushi rice and more); dried beans, mushrooms, chili peppers, seaweed, oils, vinegars and an array of sauces, including soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.
Pete’s Lebanese Bakery
2468 Elmwood Ave., Kenmore
- Grab some freshly baked pita from the counter and browse the small shelves stocked with authentic goods, including pomegranate syrup, rose water and tahini.
- The refrigerated cases include delicious house made goodies: lebaneh, an addictive yogurt cheese that pairs perfectly with pita; tabbouleh, a bulgur and herb salad; sweets—baklava, pistachio cookies and more.
Spice of India
438 Evans St. in Williamsville
- Seek remarkably affordable spices and everything you need to perfect Indian in your home kitchen.
- The spice section boasts green cardamom, fennel seeds, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, mustard seeds, cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns, poppy seeds and garam masala. Also grab teas from Masala to ginger, dal (split pigeon peas), and dried beans, rice and flours in bags of all sizes.
346 Connecticut St., Buffalo
- In this reimagined space now lies a food paradise to browse diverse food offerings. Plan to stay awhile.
- Grab coffee beans from Public Espresso + Coffee and check out Martin Cooks for a bite to eat.
Nickel City Cheese & Mercantile
423 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
- To find the most alluring cheese and pantry essentials in one location, visit this full service, European inspired, neighborhood cheese and specialty food store in the Elmwood Village.
- Sample domestic and international cheeses, jams, crackers, pasta, oils, salamis and more. Elm Street Bakery bread (East Aurora) is available in the city thanks to Nickel City Cheese & Mercantile.