Jun 26, 2014 1
- A hot sauce focused restaurant, Hot Mama’s Canteen, just opened in Black Rock. Read more about it from The Buffalo News here.
- The Public House of Buffalo will open in the old Canvas space on Hertel.
- Much of the best food I eat in Buffalo does not come from a restaurant, but rather, is shared around the dining room table or backyard of a friend or family member’s home. Last Saturday, we enjoyed a BBQ at the home of our friends, Chrisi and Sean. Chrisi is a hostess with the mostest, whipping up side salads regularly mistaken for being from Wegmans and curating an amazing spread, complete with addictive BBQ sauces and decadent desserts. Sean is a master behind the smoker/grill. The meats he unveils get oohs and ahhs every time. The smoke ring on his pork tenderloins are envy-inducing. I’m always happy and full when I leave their parties!
- Ever have decent food on an airplane? It’s a question that fascinates me, because indeed I have when traveling on non-American flights. Ruth Reichl reviews Jet Blue’s Mint class, their new version of first class, with an emphasis on the food. Anyone else flown Mint yet?
- Chef Brad Rowell from Elm Street Bakery told me this place in Toronto is worth checking out, so now it’s on my list for our next visit. It’s also located on an infamous street for me, as it’s in the heart of my dad’s old stomping grounds when he was a late teen/early 20-something.
- Roy Choi opens a hotel in L.A. Can you imagine that food as room service?