Come and Get It: 10.14.14
- Buffalo Without Borders is almost here and it’s an incredible celebration of international food, right here in Buffalo!Â AtÂ Buffalo Without Borders 2014Â you can travel the world for food, entertainment and crafts from Asia, Europe, Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America and the Middle East.Â International Institute of BuffaloÂ can throw an amazing party! This incredible organization serves our community’s refugee and immigrant population to allow people to become independent, contributing members of WNY. I am once again serving as Co-Chair of the event with my great friend,Â Katie Krawczyk, and we hope to see you on Thursday, Oct. 23! Get your tickets here today.
- It’s finally happening. Chef James Roberts is opening his own restaurant! I don’t mean to play favorites or anything, but Nicholas and I have hoped he would open a restaurant more than any other. Here are all the details on Toutant, named for Robertsâ€™ great grandfatherâ€™s trapping and fishing camp on the South Louisiana marshland. The spot will be adjacent to Seabar and the Ellicott Lofts, at 437 Ellicott St.
- I’m super excited forÂ Michael Dimmer and Christian Willmott, the pair who own the well-known and well-loved Black Market Food Truck. They’re opening Marble + Rye, a new restaurant fromÂ at 112 Genesee St., near the Medical Campus Corridor, and they expect to open in spring 2015.Â Read more about their plans here.
- It’s Local Restaurant Week next week. This video made me a little uncomfortable.
- I love Eric Ripert. This video is adorable and makes me want to go to Puerto Rico to eat, beach, sun, dance, etc. This all of these ones from Esquire Network. Thanks, Jose Andres.
- Oshun’s Parker House rolls are pretty outstanding. I had to get a recipe immediately to try at home. Thanks to Chef Alexandra Guarnaschelli and Food & Wine, I have this great option.
- Apple pumpkin gingerbread muffins sound perfect right now. I want to make these next weekend.
- When I found this recipe on Pinterest, I may have gasped audibly. Brie-stuffed soft pretzels, coated with rosemary and coarse sea salt. Mmmm.
- I can’t stop thinking about these scones I make every fall. It’s time.
- Chef Wylie Dufresne’sÂ wd~50 menu, which we were lucky enough to enjoy in August, is impressive. When we heard it was closing or morphing, we were especially thrilled to get there and try the tasting menu. I look forwad to checking out this cookbook.