Butternut Squash Ravioli with Walnuts & Cranberries
Looking for a quick, tasty weeknight meal? Try this gorgeous seasonal recipe featuring squash. It’s start to finish in less than 30 minutes!
Nina’s Butternut Squash Ravioli with Walnuts & Cranberries in a Brown Butter Sauce
1 small butternut squash, acorn squash or honey bear squash, peeled and diced
1 package of frozen butternut squash ravioli (I used Rising Moon Organics brand)
~1/2 stick of butter
1/2 c. cried cranberries
3/4 c. walnuts
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sage
- Roast squash on a baking sheet at 425°F for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Bring small pot of water to a boil for butternut squash ravioli. Make according to package directions. Tip: turn down water to a low boil while cooking. Ravioli should not be cooked at a high boil.
- Place cranberries in warm water and cover for 6-8 minutes so they become tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pan over medium low heat. Add walnuts, sage and salt to pan with butter. Stir and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain cranberries and pat dry, if necessary. Add cranberries and squash to pan and toss; let sit on low heat for 5 minutes. Add ravioli and toss to coat. Allow to sit in pan on low heat for 2 more minutes before serving.